Colombo first among world’s fastest growing tourist cities
Colombo has been named among the 10 fastest growing tourist cities in the world (based on data gathered over the last six years). Seven of the 10 fastest growing tourist cities are in Asia, CNN reported.
Sri Lanka’s capital city Colombo is first in growth with a staggering 21% surge, with Chengdu, the capital of China’s Sichuan Province, following in second.
Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, ranked third in terms of growth; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, placed fifth.
Lima, Peru, is the wold’s ninth-fastest growing city, and the fastest growing city in South America.
Houston is the fastest growing city in North America since 2009 and is the only city in the United States to register double-digit growth over that period. Fastest growing tourist cities: Colombo, Sri Lanka 21.1%, Chengdu, China 20.7%, Abu Dhabi, UAE 20.4%, Osaka, Japan 19.8%, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 18.0%, Xi An, China 16.2%, Taipei, Taiwan 14.9%, Tokyo 14.6%, Lima, Peru 13.9% and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 12.9%.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023