Colombo Mayor gives high marks to government for effectively tackling crisis
Colombo Mayor Rosy Senanayake yesterday said the authorities had effectively curbed the coronavirus crisis and the people should extend their fullest cooperation to the government.
Senanayake said the Municipal health workers were assisting the government in curbing the spread of the virus and people should not entertain unnecessary fears.
Senanayake said she would fully cooperate with the campaign launched by Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi to combat COVID-19.
She said that the crisis had been brought under control and the situation had improved.
She said that she, too, underwent a PCR test last week and tested negative. She would undergo another test next week, she added.
(Source: The Island – By Norman Palihawadana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024