Rishad Bathiudeen arrested
Posted in Local News
MP Rishad Bathiudeen has been arrested by the CID from an apartment at Ebenezer Place, Dehiwala this morning, Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
The Attorney General last week ordered Police to arrest MP Bathiudeen on charges of criminal misappropriation of public funds and violation of election laws over the transportation of internally displaced persons in Sri Lanka Transport Board owned buses during the 2019 Presidential Election.
However, during the past six days police had not been able to arrest the former Minister.
Meanwhile, police is reported to have arrested a doctor and his wife for allowing former minister to hide in their apartment.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
At last………When he will bailed out?