Commander Receive Report On Weliweriya Incidents
The Report of the findings into the recent Rathupaswala – Weliweriya incidents, complied by a Court of Inquiry (C of I), presided by Major General N.A.J.C. Dias, Adjutant General of the Army was handed over to the Commander of the Army Lieutenant General Daya Ratnayake, Wednesday (21) late evening at Army Headquarters.
Members of the C of I that was appointed by the Commander of the Army on 2 August 2013, include Major General N.A.J.C Dias (President), Brigadier K.J. Jayaweera, Brigadier N.I. de Silva, Colonel T.D. Weerakoon and Lieutenant Colonel W.P.A.D.W. Nanayakkara (Secretary) who prepared this comprehensive report covering all aspects of the incidents that lead to the violent incidents in Rathupaswala – Weliweriya.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
This unfortunate incident arose from the armed forces action to defend public infrastructure from the unruly members of the public.
The perpetrators who instigated the common men and women to violence are walking around in their uniform red shirts with grins stretching from one ear to the other.
I am sure the report prepared by the Army will identify the real culprits so that justice could be meted to the unruly instigators.
In fact the actions of the instigators are similar to the tactics of the LTT who operated from behind the cover of human shields for 3 decades.