Commander Receive Report On Weliweriya Incidents
The Report of the findings into the recent Rathupaswala – Weliweriya incidents, complied by a Court of Inquiry (C of I), presided by Major General N.A.J.C. Dias, Adjutant General of the Army was handed over to the Commander of the Army Lieutenant General Daya Ratnayake, Wednesday (21) late evening at Army Headquarters.
Members of the C of I that was appointed by the Commander of the Army on 2 August 2013, include Major General N.A.J.C Dias (President), Brigadier K.J. Jayaweera, Brigadier N.I. de Silva, Colonel T.D. Weerakoon and Lieutenant Colonel W.P.A.D.W. Nanayakkara (Secretary) who prepared this comprehensive report covering all aspects of the incidents that lead to the violent incidents in Rathupaswala – Weliweriya.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023