Compensation for victims of Rathupaswala incident
President Maithripala Sirisena has given his approval to provide 4.68 million rupees as compensation for 33 victims of Rathupaswala incident.
Accordingly, the President will present the compensation money to 24 persons, who are fully disabled or partially disabled or who are admitted to hospitals for treatment in the Gampaha Divisional Secretariat and 9 persons belongs to the Mahara Divisional Secretariat, on April 08.
During the last few weeks the President paid special attention on providing the justice to those who got injured in the incident in Rathupaswala. A committee headed by Secretary of Gampaha District was also appointed to provide recommendations.
The compensations were provided according to the recommendations of that committee.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023