Complaints against Dr. Shafi exceeds 1,000
The number of complaints filed against Dr Mohamed Shafi over alleged illegal sterilizations has amounted to 1,003.
The Kurunegala Police had arrested Dr Shafi on May 25th over alleged illegal accumulation of assets. He was later handed over to the Criminal Investigations Department for further investigations.
However, accusations started piling up against Dr Shafi alleging that he had performed illegal sterilizations on mothers during their Caesarean-section deliveries.
Subsequently, the public was asked to come forward with complaints against Dr Shafi, if there are any.
A large number of mothers had claimed that they had conceiving complications following their C-section surgery performed by Dr Shafi.
It is reported that the Kurunegala Teaching Hospital had received 839 complaints in total while Dambulla Hospital received 164 complaints against Dr Shafi.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023