Coordinator of Hizbullah – Arabs meeting to be questioned
The Terrorist Investigation Division stated that 29 suspects are being interrogated in connection with the 04/21 terror attacks.
A senior official said that it has come to light that 15 of them were directly involved in the terror attacks and they are residents of Kattankudy and Colombo areas.
It was also reported that the individual who coordinated the discussions between former governor M.L.A.M. Hizbullah and several Arab nationals will be summoned for questioning. The TID said that this person had arranged the location and made other arrangements for discussions between Hizbullah and the Arab nationals.
TID added that they have taken steps to interrogate the individual following his return to the island as he is currently in Saudi Arabia.
He is to be questioned following Hizbullah’s statement before the TID last week.
(Source: News 1st)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023