Verdict on Gotabaya’s citizenship at 6 PM today
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal has concluded the consideration of the petition filed challenging the citizenship of former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
All parties have been given time to present their written submissions before 3.15 p.m. today (4).
Meanwhile the decision of the Appeal Court regarding issuing an interim order on the petition is to be announced at 6.00 p.m. today.
The case was taken up for the 3rd consecutive day before Justices Yasantha Kodagoda, Arjuna Obeysekera, and Mahinda Samayawardana.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023