High Explosives found in Gurunagar, Jaffna
Posted in Local News
The Navy, during a search operation carried out in Gurunagar, Jaffna, has recovered 1kg and 30g of high explosives.
A suspicious parcel was found yesterday (03) during a search carried out by the Northern Naval Command.
The haul of high explosives was packed in four parcels, the Navy said.
Further investigation into the incident is currently underway.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
This is the second time explosives were found in a few months.
Last time the arrested JMO in Jaffna stated that the LTTE had re-surfaced, funded by the diaspora.
If this is the case, the military cannot be removed from the North and East as demanded by TNA.
We do not want a repeat of a thirty year war!
Moreover, we are in a financial crisis, unlike the LTTE, whose supporters have continued to raise funding even when the war ended.