Cop who nabbed Colombo National Hospital robber killed in accident
Posted in Local News
A police constable attached to the State Intelligence Service who assisted in the arrest of a suspect in a recent Rs 7.9 million robbery at the Colombo National Hospital and prevented the escape has died in an accident.
He had been receiving treatment at the Intensive Care Unit of the Colombo National Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries this morning (14).
On June 11, the aforementioned Constable and another police officer on a motorcycle had collided with a defender truck at the Thunmulla area.
The officers critically injured in the accident had been admitted to the Colombo National Hospital.
The 22 year old Sithum Alahapperuma was a resident of Polonnaruwa.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023