Court permits detention of PNB officers arrested over drug trafficking
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court has granted permission to the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) to detain and interrogate 12 officers attached to the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB), who were arrested on drug trafficking charges.
The officers including an Inspector of Police and a Sub Inspector were arrested by the CID and the Attorney General’s Department informed the CID to produce them in the Colombo Magistrate’s Court on charges of trafficking drugs.
Earlier, four officers including a Sub Inspector attached to the PNB were also arrested for allegedly selling drugs to drug dealers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023