COVID-19 infected man who spat on PHIs remanded
Posted in Local News
The COVID-19 infected man who spat on health workers and obstructed their duties in Atulugama last Wednesday (02) has been arrested and remanded till December 17 after being produced before court.
On last Wednesday (02), after confirming he was infected with COVID-19, a group of health workers had arrived at Atulugama to hospitalize the man.
The man refused to be admitted to the hospital for treatment and spat on the face of a Public Health Inspector (PHI).
Police Media Spokesman, DIG Ajith Rohana stated that steps have been taken to take legal action against the suspect under the quarantine law and obstruction of duty of a public servant.
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023