COVID-19 infected man who spat on PHIs remanded
The COVID-19 infected man who spat on health workers and obstructed their duties in Atulugama last Wednesday (02) has been arrested and remanded till December 17 after being produced before court.
On last Wednesday (02), after confirming he was infected with COVID-19, a group of health workers had arrived at Atulugama to hospitalize the man.
The man refused to be admitted to the hospital for treatment and spat on the face of a Public Health Inspector (PHI).
Police Media Spokesman, DIG Ajith Rohana stated that steps have been taken to take legal action against the suspect under the quarantine law and obstruction of duty of a public servant.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023