Bus carrying COVID-19 patients met with accident in Welikanda
Posted in Local News
A bus carrying 23 COVID-19 patients towards Punani collided with another bus coming from Kattankudy to Polonnaruwa at Asela Pura in Welikanda this morning.
The drivers of the two buses were seriously injured in the incident.
Welikanda Police who are conducting investigations into the accident say that the driver of the bus transporting the COVID-19 patients may have fallen asleep.
Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said the drivers of the two buses were hospitalised and two patients who suffered minor injuries were taken to the treatment centre by the authorities.
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023