Failure to probe 04/21 attackers background could see repeat – Patali
Samagi Jana Balawegaya Parliamentarian Patali Champika Ranawaka says failure to investigate the background of terrorists involved in the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks could lead to another extremist attack in future.
Joining the Committee Stage Debate in Parliament yesterday MP Ranawaka said the present government came into power promising National Security and is now investigating former heads of intelligence and government members for failure to do their duty.
He commended this course of action and noted steps could be taken to build on their shortcomings.
However MP Ranawaka claimed Zaharan Hashim was not the mastermind of the Easter Attacks, as it was too complex for him to plan and execute himself.
The MP also stressed the history of the Thowheed Jamath organization must be investigated, claiming if their connections to foreign entities and the government are not investigated promptly; the government will go astray and only take a political advantage through a crisis.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023