COVID-19 patient identified from Divulapitiya
A 39-year-old female garment factory worker from the Divulapitiya area tested positive for COVID-19 at the Gampaha Hospital, the Government Information Department said today.
“She has been transferred to the IDH and some 55 of her close contacts have been placed under quarantine,” the department said in a statement.
She was admitted to Gampaha Hospital to treat her fever and was being subjected to a PCR test at the time of discharge. She has been diagnosed as a COVID-19 patient by the result of the test, it said.
Nearly 15 staff members of Gampaha hospital and 40 staff members of the private company she works for are already in home quarantine. Further close associates of her are being identified and tests are being carried out on how the woman became infected. Further action will be taken on the PCR investigations carried out on the associates.
At this juncture, the health authorities are urging the public to take more precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the department stated.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023