CPC on strike following death of employee
A number of CPC trade unions have launched a protest following the death of one of its employees last night.
Deputy Chairman of the Sri Lanka Nidahas Sevaka Sangamaya, CPC branch K.G.S. Premaratne noted that they will continue their strike till MP Arjuna Ranatunga is arrested.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023