CPC shooting: Police Sergeant released
The Police Sergeant attached to the security detail of Minister Arjuna Ranatunga, Aruna Sri Nandana Silva, who was arrested over the shooting at the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation premises in Dematagoda, has been released of all charges.
The order was issued by the Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne on the advice of the Attorney General.
The decision came after the CCD informed the court that the Attorney General had given instructions to release him over the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023