CPC shooting: Police Sergeant released
Posted in Local News
The Police Sergeant attached to the security detail of Minister Arjuna Ranatunga, Aruna Sri Nandana Silva, who was arrested over the shooting at the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation premises in Dematagoda, has been released of all charges.
The order was issued by the Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne on the advice of the Attorney General.
The decision came after the CCD informed the court that the Attorney General had given instructions to release him over the incident.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023