Cricket Board set up to satisfy clubs: Minister of Sports
Speaking in Parliament on Thursday, Minister of Sports Mahindananda Aluthgamage said that the Cricket Board has been set up only to satisfy clubs.
He said that by the end of the year, the players payments and other issues will be solved.
The Minister of Sports noted that Sri Lanka pays the most to the players, with 60 percent of the income going into the players’ pay cheques.
The Minister made these comments in response to a question raised by UNP MP Ravi Karunanayake.
The UNP MP also charged that players and administrators are being used for election propaganda, an allegation that was rejected by Minister Aluthgamage.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023