Over Rs.1 million stolen in armed robbery
Two armed men on a motorbike stole nearly Rs. 1.1 million in cash, transported by a field officer to pay wages of factory employees at Devagiri Estate in Yakkalamulla.
The armed robbery took place in the afternoon today (10), police spokesman SP Ajith Rohana said.
The field officer was injured after the men on the motorbike opened fire and has been admitted to Karapitiya Hospital.
Yakkalamulla Police is conducting further investigations into the incident.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023