Malinga brings victory to Mumbai Indians in the finals of IPL
Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by one run in a nail-biting Indian Premier League final to claim a record fourth title in Hyderabad yesterday.
After Shane Watson had hit a fierce 80, CSK needed two runs off the final ball to overtake Mumbai Indians’ 149 for 8 but Lasith Malinga dismissed Shardul Thakur with a perfect yorker to claim the landmark win.
Windies all-rounder Kieron Pollard smashed an unbeaten 41 off 25 balls to set up the Mumbai Indians total.
Watson batted through the CSK innings until he was run out in the final over, smashing four sixes and eight fours.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023