Crimes have increased due to govt’s incapability – Gotabaya
Posted in Local News
Former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa today charged that crimes have increased in the country due to the incapability of the government.
“These (crimes) have to be controlled or else every day we see people are being shot,” he said, speaking to reporters in Colombo after a court hearing yesterday (26).
He stated that shootings are now being carried out by individuals on motorcycles and not ‘white vans’.
“They told lies and destroyed the system which was in place and now unfortunately the underworld, drug dealers and other criminals have all surfaced.”
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
Is he saying that crimes were under control in the white van era?