Crimes have increased due to govt’s incapability – Gotabaya
Former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa today charged that crimes have increased in the country due to the incapability of the government.
“These (crimes) have to be controlled or else every day we see people are being shot,” he said, speaking to reporters in Colombo after a court hearing yesterday (26).
He stated that shootings are now being carried out by individuals on motorcycles and not ‘white vans’.
“They told lies and destroyed the system which was in place and now unfortunately the underworld, drug dealers and other criminals have all surfaced.”
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023