“Deiyandara Sumiya” arrested with Arminius 38 type revolver
An underworld figure known as “Deiyandara Sumiya” has been arrested by the Police Special Task Force (STF) while in possession of a German-made modern Arminius 38 type revolver.
The 44-year old suspect, a resident of Deiyandara was arrested on information received by the officers of the STF Special Operations III, during a raid at Deiyandara in Matara.
The STF said the suspect was handed over to the police for further investigations into how this weapon had come into his hands and whether it has been used in any crimes.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023