Delta variant spreading ultrafast in Colombo
The Delta variant of COVID-19 has been found to be spreading ultrafast in the Colombo area, Director of the Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine of the Sri Jayawardenapura University Dr. Chandima Jeewandara stated.
According to a graph shared by Dr. Chandima Jeewandara, lab tests identified that 75% of COVID-19 patients detected in Colombo during the last week of July had contracted the Delta virus variant.
According to the graph, only 13% of Delta virus positive patients were identified during the first week of July.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023