Dematagoda Chaminda hospitalised
Shots were fired at a prison department bus in Dematagoda which was transporting suspected underworld leader Dematagoda Chaminda. Chaminda is a suspect connected to the killing of Baratha Lakshman Premachandra.
Four people were reportedly injured in the shooting and Dematagoda Chaminda was admitted to the Colombo National Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023