DIG Nalaka gives voice sample to Government Analyst
The former DIG in charge of the TID Nalaka de Silva reported to the Government Analyst’s Department yesterday to give a voice sample with regard to the ongoing investigations regarding a plot to assassinate prominent political figures.
This alleged plot to assassinate President Maithripala Sirisena and former Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa was revealed to the media by the Anti Corruption Movement Operations Director Namal Kumara, who was also summoned to the Government Analyst for recording of voice samples as per court orders on Thursday.
Colombo Fort Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne had issued an order for the Government Analyst to obtain a voice recording of DIG Nalaka Silva.
However,subsequent to providing the voice sample at the Government Analyst’s office, DIG Nalaka Silva did not respond to media queries regarding the telephone conversations not did he respond when asked if he would cooperate with the ongoing investigations.
(Source: Daily News – By Camelia Nathaniel)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023