DIG slaps SSP
Police sources informed that on Sunday when the T 20 world cup match ended at the R. Premadasa Stadium a DIG had slapped a SSP and an attempt was now being made to hush it.
The victim SSP had immediately brought this matter to the notice of two DIGs who had been present at the scene. Both DIG and SSP involved in this incident had been deployed on security duties for this match.
This incident had sparked off when the DIG had attempted to take into the stadium a group of his friends and the SSP had confronted him saying “Sir don’t do this.” This had angered the DIG who had retorted, “Who are you to give instructions to a DIG like me” and slapped him on the face. This scene had been witnessed by many of the thousands of cricket fans and other police personnel who were present at the venue. The SSP had been greatly humiliated by this act of a superior. Police sources revealed that attempts were made to cover up the incident.
However many senior police officers were requesting the authorities to conduct a proper inquiry.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Proper Inquiry -for what?
Finally the victim will be charged for carrying an unauthorised weapon hidden inside his underwear.Better for the poor SSP to resign to his fate.Police should change its motto as ‘Comply . No Complaints’
Mata Mathaka naha.
This is the outcome when appointing disqualified person to high position ! this incident is normal as everywhere happening the same.
Well according to the things unrolling in Sri Lanka, the victim will be found guilty and the DIG will end up in the states!
“Sorry, DIG didn’t slap me I slapped myself”