Dimuth Karunarathne arrested and released on bail
Posted in Local News
Sri Lankan Test Cricket Captain Dimuth Karunaratne has been released on police bail after being arrested over a case of drunk driving resulting in an accident.
Police said the vehicle he was driving had collided with a three wheeler in Borella around 5.30 this morning.
The driver of the three-wheeler has been admitted to the Colombo National Hospital over injuries from the accident.
Borella Police is conducting further investigations on the incident.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Do not drink and drive. Instead use a TAXI service.
Maybe he is drunk during test match too;
This is a national shame, a drunk driving a Range Rover.
Hope he is sacked from captaicy and dropped from the team.