Dinesh Priyantha wins Javelin bronze at Rio Paralympics
Posted in Sports News
Dinesh Priyantha Herath secured Sri Lanka’s first medal- a bronze in men’s javelin throw F46 final at the Rio Paralympics yesterday.
The 30-year-old Sri Lankan thrower cleared a distance of 58.23 meters– a personal best mark to win the medal. Indian Devandra Jhahharia win the gold with a new world record mark of 63.97 meters and Guo Chunliang of China secured the silver with a distance of 59.93 meters.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
You provided us peace in the country by losing your hands, legs, eyes and almost everything.
Now you are becoming heroes again by bringing medal to the country as well.
Sad to see politicians are still fighting to win the war.
This is how things are happening in SL.