Directives issued to arrest suspects in Mannar vandalism
Directives have been issued to security units to promptly arrest the suspects involved in hurling rocks at religious places of worship in Mannar, The Secretary of Defence Rt. General Kamal Gunaratne said.
He said the arrest of those responsible will ensure that such incidents do not take place again in future.
Rt. General Gunaratne expressed his views during an observational tour of constructions at the Digavapiya sacred ground.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023