Disabled soldiers end protest in Colombo
Posted in Local News
The protest carried out by disabled soldiers opposite the Colombo Fort Railway Station has come to an end.
The protest commenced on Monday with the aim of alerting authorities to discrepancies the group face with regard to their pension schemes.
Defence Secretary Karunasena Hettiarachchci said the group of soldiers ended the protest after President Maithripala Sirisena assured to provide solutions to their issues.
(Source: News First)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023