Divulapitiya PS Chairman and two others remanded
The Minuwangoda Magistrate yesterday remanded till January 20 Divulapitiya Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Indika Anuruddha and two other suspects after they surrendered to the court.
Police Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said that the main suspect, Indika and his supporters had assaulted two men at Udugoda Watte on January 03 and another person at Tammitta on January 04.
Three of the suspects had allegedly attacked a vehicle belonging to a person living at Dunagaha and damaged it on January 01, he said.
The SSP said that the police would arrest the Pathahewaheta Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman for assaulting Shanthani Kongahage.
Police have so far prosecuted six Pradeshiya Sabha Chairmen of Mawatagama, Ududumbara, Ibbagamuwa, Kahawatta, Galnewa and Divulapitiya before and after the recently concluded presidential election.
In addition, two deputy ministers, Premalal Jayasekara, Nishantha Mutuhettigama and Uva Provincial Councillor, Senthil Thondaman had been prosecuted, he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023