DMK, AIADMK members shout slogans during President’s address to Parliament
Submitted by Walter Jayawardhana
NEW DELHI: DMK and AIADMK MPs shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament on Thursday.
As soon as the President began his address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers.
Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats.
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion. (Courtesy: India Times)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Looks like nobody cares.