Doctors launch token strike in Kalutara
Posted in Local News
The government doctors in Kalutara district have resorted to 24-hour token strike from 12.00 p.m. this afternoon (24) alleging that Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne was importing substandard medicine used by pregnant mothers and children, the Government Medical Officers Association stated.
Further said that the Government Medical Officers Association’s Executive Committee would meet this evening to decide on further action on the matter.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023