Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital
Posted in Local News
The Health Services Committee of the Public Services Commission has ordered the Health Ministry to reassign Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen to the Kurunegala Teaching Hospital.
Dr. Shafi attached to Kurunegala Hospital was sent on compulsory leave after being accused of performing illegal sterilisation operations.
The Secretary of the Health Services Committee of the Public Services Commission in a letter to the Health Secretary said the disciplinary actions against Dr. Shafi has been terminated as the allegations against him have not been proved by the written and oral evidence of the report submitted by the Expert Committee that investigated the allegations against him.
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023