Driving licences to be issued for individuals with total deafness
A pilot project for providing light vehicle driving licenses for individuals with total deafness will kick off in Gampaha District today (November 16).
The Cabinet of Ministers recently gave the approval for the request that has been made by the Sri Lanka Central Federation of the Deaf for nearly 40 years.
Based on the progress of this pilot program, light vehicle driving licenses will be issued to close to 300,000 members of the Sri Lanka Central Federation of the Deaf.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023