Drug peddler “Abba” dies in shootout with STF
A large-scale drug peddler identified as Thelge Dilan Sameera Pieris alias “Abba” has died in a shootout with the Police Special Task Force (STF) last night in the area of Egoda Uyana, Moratuwa.
They said the 27-year-old suspect died during an operation conducted by the Special Task Force’s organized crimes and narcotics preventive personnel at the Modara Isurusiri Mawatha area in the Egoda Uyana police area in Moratuwa.
According to reports, one STF personnel sustained injuries in the incident.
The deceased was a close associate of drug trafficker “Panadura Salindu” who operates from Dubai, UAE.
According to police, the suspect’s body is currently lying at the Panadura Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023