Drug racketeers must be served the death penalty – Prasanna
Minister Prasanna Ranatunga says drug racketeers must be served the death penalty.
Speaking at a rally in Minuwangoda the Minister said narcotics has become a social concern across the island.
Minister Ranatunga added drug racketeers must not continue to be supported by the public’s taxes.
The Minister stated that a major crackdown was enforced in the country against drug dealers following the election of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at present, adding the struggle to eradicate the drug menace will continue.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023