Duminda at Colombo Private Hospital: Remanded until March 14
Colombo District UPFA MP Duminda Silva, one of the accused in the Bharatha Lakshaman assassination, was remanded yesterday until March 14 by Colombo Additional Magistrate Sandun Vithana.
At the outset CID ASP Shahi Abeysekera submitted that MP Duminda Silva who had been receiving treatment in a Singapore Hospital had returned to Sri Lanka and had been admitted to a private hospital in Colombo for further treatment.
As Duminda Silva’s condition is unsatisfactory the CID could not obtain a statement from him, CID ASP Sahni Abeysekera told court.
The Additional Magistrate yesterday afternoon, visited the private hospital in which Duminda Silva is warded and ordered the remand of Duminda Silva until March 14.
Senior Attorney-at-Law Anuja Premachandra watched the interest of MP Duminda Silva. Earlier Additional Magistrate Prasanna Alwis ordered the remand of the 12 other suspects, until March 14. (Courtesy: Daily News)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023