Duminda at Colombo Private Hospital: Remanded until March 14
Colombo District UPFA MP Duminda Silva, one of the accused in the Bharatha Lakshaman assassination, was remanded yesterday until March 14 by Colombo Additional Magistrate Sandun Vithana.
At the outset CID ASP Shahi Abeysekera submitted that MP Duminda Silva who had been receiving treatment in a Singapore Hospital had returned to Sri Lanka and had been admitted to a private hospital in Colombo for further treatment.
As Duminda Silva’s condition is unsatisfactory the CID could not obtain a statement from him, CID ASP Sahni Abeysekera told court.
The Additional Magistrate yesterday afternoon, visited the private hospital in which Duminda Silva is warded and ordered the remand of Duminda Silva until March 14.
Senior Attorney-at-Law Anuja Premachandra watched the interest of MP Duminda Silva. Earlier Additional Magistrate Prasanna Alwis ordered the remand of the 12 other suspects, until March 14. (Courtesy: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023