Duminda recovering slowly: Sri J’pura Hospital Director
Parliamentarian Duminda Silva is recovering slowly and has been removed from the life supporting system, Sri Jayawardenapura General Hospital Director Dr. Shavendra Gamage said.
“He is conscious. But he is yet to come to the required level where we can say he is conscious. It will take days, weeks or even months. But we are closely monitoring him,” he said.
“We are happy as he is stable and satisfied now since we have been providing him with all necessary treatment as the hospital is equipped with all the modern facilities,” he said.
“We have kept the ventilator close to him in case of an emergency,” he added. The parliamentarian was put on a ventilator following the surgery which was conducted last Saturday where two bullets were removed from his skull. However one bullet remains in his skull.
The neurosurgeon Dr. Maheshi Wijeratne and her team are visiting him throughout as a part of the process in ascertaining his situation and his improvement.
A large number of Duminda Silva’s supporters and his security personnel have been inside the Sri Jayawardenapura Hospital since Saturday evening.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023