Election Commission to summon Public Administration Ministry Secretary
The Secretary to the Ministry of Public Administration Neil Bandara Hapuhinna will be summoned to the Election Commission to inquire about the letter issued by him.
Secretary to the Ministry of Public Administration Neil Bandara Hapuhinna issued a letter yesterday (January 10) directing all District Secretaries to temporarily suspend accepting deposits for the Local Government election, which was later recalled.
This was announced by Nimal Punchihewa, Chairman of the Election Commission of Sri Lanka today (January 11).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023