Electricity bills to increase 100%
The approval of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) has been obtained to increase the electricity tariff by 100% according to reports.
The PUCSL has further stated that the increase was allowed following a request made by the Ceylon Electricity Board.
However, the PUCSL is to convene a press conference to inform the public regarding the increase.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023