Emergency regulations for supply of essential food passed in Parliament
The Proclamation on the Emergency Regulations for the Supply of Essential Foods enacted by President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa was passed by a majority of 81 votes in Parliament today (06).
A total number of 132 votes were for the motion and 51 votes were against it.
The President enacted the Emergency Regulations for the provision of essential food items in accordance with the powers vested in him under Section 2 of the Public Security Ordinance.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023