Emission levy will not be charged from bikes and trishaws: Ravi
A Rs. 5,000 annual emissions tax will only be charged from vehicles with more than four wheels, Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake says.
He made the observation at the Parliament this afternoon (23).
“Thus, proposed Rs. 5,000 emission levy will not be charged from bikes and trishaws,” he added.
The government hopes to earn 18 billion rupees a year from the annual emissions tax on vehicles, which will be collected with the annual revenue license.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023