Ensure freedom of speech for health sector – Sajith
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa says fundamental rights of health sector workers have been violated through the recent circular issued by the Secretary to the Ministry of Health, preventing groups within the sector from making statements to media.
MP Premadasa said it was a violation of the Constitution as well adding such a move by the Ministry Secretary is unconstitutional.
He called for health sector workers to remain unafraid and speak up and vowed to protect them.
The Opposition Leader also sided with State Minister Sudarshani Fernandopulle who requested support from all sectors.
He questioned why the government has failed to grant concessions, if they also claim the country does not require aid.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024