Ex-LTTE member arrested with firearms and ammo
A former LTTE member was arrested with four firearms and a stock of ammunition by the Terrorism Investigation Division (TID) in Palei, Kilinochchi yesterday, Police said.
The 40-year-old suspect from Karanthai has been arrested by officials of the TID unit in Vavuniya.
The TID officials had recovered a shotgun, a pistol, two Galkatas weapons, two swords and 126 live bullets in his possession at the time of the arrest.
According to security forces, the arrest has been made based on a tip-off received by the TID unit in Vavuniya.
TID are conducting further investigations on the matter.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023