Sagala explains why Ranil led government could remain in power
Minister Sagala Ratnayaka says that the reason behind why a government led by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is in power is due to the strengthening of institutions which protect democracy.
Minister mentioned this addressing a public meeting held in Deniyaya area.
Strengthening of institutions such as an independent judiciary, independent police allowed the government with Ranil Wickremesinghe as its Prime Minister to remain in power.
Ratnayaka further says that the government now has the responsibility to accomplish all the duties they couldn’t earlier.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024