Sagala explains why Ranil led government could remain in power
Posted in Local News
Minister Sagala Ratnayaka says that the reason behind why a government led by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is in power is due to the strengthening of institutions which protect democracy.
Minister mentioned this addressing a public meeting held in Deniyaya area.
Strengthening of institutions such as an independent judiciary, independent police allowed the government with Ranil Wickremesinghe as its Prime Minister to remain in power.
Ratnayaka further says that the government now has the responsibility to accomplish all the duties they couldn’t earlier.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023