Ex PS Chairman remanded over rape
Posted in Local News
Former Weligama Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Dikkumburage Kulaweera was produced in Court and remanded on charges of having sexually harassed a 22-year-old Sweden woman at tourist hotel in Pelana, Weligama.
The Weligama Police produced the suspect before Acting Matara Magistrate Upali Ranasinghe.
The Swedish woman and four of her friends who had arrived in Sri Lanka on a two-week visit were booked to stay in this hotel where the incident took place.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023