Ex PS Chairman remanded over rape
Former Weligama Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman Dikkumburage Kulaweera was produced in Court and remanded on charges of having sexually harassed a 22-year-old Sweden woman at tourist hotel in Pelana, Weligama.
The Weligama Police produced the suspect before Acting Matara Magistrate Upali Ranasinghe.
The Swedish woman and four of her friends who had arrived in Sri Lanka on a two-week visit were booked to stay in this hotel where the incident took place.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023