‘EYES ON THE CITY’ INITIATIVE POSTPONED
The special security camera network for Colombo, scheduled to be inaugurated today, has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances.
According to police media spokesman SP Prishantha Jayakody, a decision has been taken to inaugurate the network on the 29th.
The camera network is being set up in a bid to ensure security within the city.
The government’s aim is to set up special security cameras in every single city in the country, so that criminals, especially kidnappers, extortionists, gangsters and drug dealers, could be apprehended.
Once the ‘eyes on the city’ initiative is launched, a special team including a DIG and an SP would be appointed to overlook the operation.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023