FCID grills Basil
Former minister Basil Rajapaksa has arrived to the Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) to give a statement regarding the misappropriation of state funds and a financial transaction taken place at the Divi Neguma Department, Police spokesman ASP Ruwan Gunasekara said.
The FCID indicted former minister Rajapaksa for misappropriation of state funds, spending Divi Neguma funds for the propaganda campaign of the past presidential election and several other irregularities.
Rajapaksa, who left for the US soon after the presidential elections, arrived in the country yesterday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023