FCID quizzes Johnston, Cabraal
Former Minister Johnston Fernando and former Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal were summoned to the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) this morning to record statements on two different cases.
The two arrived at the FCID around 9.45am accompanied by their private attorneys, are being questioned at the moment, Police said.
Former Minister had been summoned to record a statement over granting a Mahapola Lottery to a Malaysian.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023